Here’s a little food for thought from our new positive ageing ‘cookbook’, Ageing is living: Recipes for life.
Love can be as sweet as honey and as bitter as black coffee. Either way, it’s a powerful and energizing force that we can’t live without.
Allowing ourselves to give and receive love and affection can be the most rewarding thing we do in life - and we can do it in so many different ways. People, pets, places, books, ideas, gardens, houses… all of these can be the object of our love, and make us feel loved in return.
Add all the aroha you possibly can to your recipe for life:
• Make a list of everything and everyone you love.
• Show affection in whatever way you can.
• Allow yourself to receive affection.
• Love generates love – don’t be afraid to care.
• Cherish all the love you’ve given and received.
• It’s painful when those we love are suffering or are hurtful. It helps to be able to accept and forgive.
Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand - Mother Teresa