Here’s a little food for thought from our new positive ageing ‘cookbook’ Ageing is living: Recipes for life.
Curiosity adds fire and spice to life. Like a good curry, it really gets the digestive juices flowing.
A good helping of curiosity keeps our brain cells ticking over and helps make life stimulating and meaningful. It also has the effect of making us more interesting to other people.
No matter how long we live, the world will continue to present us with an endless store of things to be curious about and new things to learn. We are limited only by our own appetite for knowledge.
So add a little more spice to your recipe for life:
- Be astonished, puzzled, interested.
- Be receptive and open to new things and to other points of view.
- Keep learning new skills.
- Mix with people who don’t share your world view.
- Be adventurous – do something you’ve never done before.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever - Mahatma Gandhi